Front Page    Home     Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Movies

Post subject: Future of Assamese Film Industry
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:44 am 

Do you think assamese film industry is dying again after it's revival is late 90s? Are bollywood and hollywood are eating our Jollywood?..Can someone list the hit movies from Assam in 2008-2009?

Post subject: Re: Future of Assamese Film Industry
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:46 am 

Yes I strongly believe that Assamese Film Industry is in a stage of vanishing.With the so called progress of so called VCD films (not in general) where neither the director or the actors have any idea of what they are doing,its very disappointing to see such quality.I find the black & white era is the best for Assamese movies, he peoples were technically sound and their dedication & passion can be seen in the movies.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:57 pm 

Yea' I agree with Vinod, Assamese movie is crashed these days. They are sucking very badly. Film industry should do something better, but they won't because there is no market. Bollywood and Hollywood has totally flopped Assamese film industry.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:52 pm 

Yes, I too agree. I think a good film will still do good business. Most of the filmmaker went after quick money, fame and least risks with the VCDs. These VCDs just killed the creativity. With much efforts and much artistic values, these VCDs rotted the whole industry. We have good music, artists, actors , scripts all around Assam. Hope someone will come forward to make a successful movie and keep the industry alive. It's really shame that we always shout for our own identity, but we always fail in that. I am amazed to see market of other regional movies, specially in southern India!

Board index » Movies