Front Page    Home     Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Literature

Post subject: Name the Assamese book you have read most recently.
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:45 pm 

Let me start first.
I have read 'Saangpur pora Brahmaputraloi' by veteran journalist Mrinal Talukdar.
I will rate this book highly and is a must read. The book is around author's adventurous true story of
sailing through the Brahmaputra from Sadiya to Guwahati in a boat. But the most interesting part of the
book is some unknown history of the Brahmaputra, how British prooved that Saangpu in China and Brahmaputra in India are the same river. Another interesting part of the book is author's adventure
in Arunachal Pradesh to see the First sunrise of the Millenium(new year of 1999-2000).
I would say this is first of it's kind in Assamese Language and will not let you down.

Post subject: Re: Name the Assamese book you have read most recently.
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 am 

I have read a book called --Platformat Atia kuno Nai , Kathak Kahini aru akhan Asampurna Opanyash...By Prathana Saikia, Its a story about a group of students who has a dream in their eyes of changing the society , who has seen all the ill effects of Assam Agitation, corruptions in the society . ....their struggle against the system...Will they be able to find a path or is the right path...?

Written completely in a new style , where the story teller is varying...from a Nut ... .Rainfall...firefly..a hair. the writter herself is under scrutiny and has been shown as third paty... Spellbinding...!!!!

If you believe that changes will come ..then definitely a must read for you.!

Board index » Literature